Our Appetizer.: [How to make Spaghetti Squash]

November 13, 2013

[How to make Spaghetti Squash]

I was looking online for how to make spaghetti squash and I found a few good recipes and I decided to make my own but not use any recipes I had found...just wing it I guess.

Follow the pictures & steps below

  1. Pick out your squash. Most squashes that are good for spaghetti will have the "spaghetti" in it.
  2. Cut the squash in half. Be careful because the squash could be really tough to cut through.
  3. Place the cut squash in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Time varies based on squash size, check often.
  4. I poked the squash a few times to see if it had softened before taking it out of the oven. 
  5. Scoop out the middle&seeds from the squash. BE CAREFUL the squash is very hot
  6. Put the middle&seeds in a bowl off to the side. You can just throw them away or make roasted seeds
  7. This is what the squash should look like after the middle&seeds are taken out
  8. Using a fork, scrape the sides of the squash so it begins to look like the picture. 
Once the squash is scrapes it can be used as a side dish by adding some salt & pepper or it can be cooked further with some veggies. I made it with sauteed onions, peppers and shrimp the other day and it was amazing.

Hope you enjoy your spaghetti squash!
What do you mix spaghetti squash with?

No comments:

Post a Comment