Our Appetizer.: Weekending // Birthday

May 4, 2015

Weekending // Birthday

This past weekend was absolutely amazing! We celebrated A's birthday which a weekend long celebration. This was our first time celebrating his birthday together so I wanted it to be special. Friday night I ended up shopping with my mom, doing some cleaning, laundry, wrapping presents and getting ready for Saturday and Sundays' festivities.


Saturday morning was spent making the most amazing guac which I shared with all of you on Friday. You can find the post here. It was a huge hit, everyone loved it. After making the guac And I took B to get his baseball pictures taken and then we were off to A's mom's house to the cookout. We had a blast with his family. I got to meet his twin and a lot of different family members. 


His family and friends are so welcoming and sweet. We just hung out all day, ate some delicious food, day drank and then night drank. Drank so much and ate so little that I got sick in the morning. This is so embarrassing but I definitely threw up at least 4 times at A's moms house....not the best impression but I couldn't help it. 


Sunday morning after feeling so incredibly awful, we all made it to breakfast with A's family. After breakfast I had the best surprise for A. I told him that we are getting brunch with my parents at 1:30 on Sunday but really it was all of our closest friends that surprised him. He had no idea and was so  surprised when we walked in. I had invited 13 of our closest friends to celebrate his birthday. 


After enjoying out delicious brunch and drinks, we decided to go to our friends rooftop patio and just hang out and enjoy the beautiful Cleveland weather. I swear there is nothing better than enjoy a Sunday with amazing weather and our closest friends. 


It was so nice to blend my friends and A's friends together for his birthday. Throughout the time that him and I have been together we have really tried to blend our friends together. It's great that everyone gets along. I swear it's so hard to make new friends as we get older. 


After enjoying the view and having some drinks we decided to go to another place that is more by the lake. We love going to Shooters in the spring/summer because we can really enjoy the weather by the lake. 


All in all, we had a fantastic weekend! It was a great birthday celebration that we will never forget. Our friends are the best for showing up and embracing the day with us.


Have you ever thrown someone a surprise little party?
What is your best birthday memory?
Were you able to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Wow you were a trooper to make it to brunch on Sunday!! I'm sure A appreciated everything you did for him! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was having such a rough morning but as soon as I got some food in my belly and was able to keep it down with some water I was good. He was so sweet about everything :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great birthday weekend for A! Your hair looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthdays are the best, sounds like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, for him Sunday was completely unexpected but it turned out so good.

      Delete
  4. This entire post made me miss Cleveland SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that's so sweet of you!! I've done a surprise birthday party before for an ex and it was fun to organize it all and make sure no one spilled the beans lol.

    I agree, it's harder to have friends as we get older.

    Thanks for linkin' up hun!

    ReplyDelete