Our Appetizer.: Invest

September 4, 2014

Invest


This quote is more important than any other quote right now. Throughout this past summer a lot of changes have happened in my life. The decision to end my relationship with the man I thought I was going to marry was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made. There is nothing scarier than walking away from the person you saw yourself walk down the aisle towards. That decision has become the basis of every other event since then.

I decided to move out of my parents house and finally live on my own. It was another huge step but it was something that needed to be done. I wanted my own space, I wanted my own bills and my own responsibilities. I knew that moving out would keep my mind occupied during the breakup. With moving out came meeting new people. I've been some really cool and really weird people since living on my own.

Since the break up, a lot of friendships have been tested. They have been pushed to the limits. Some have made it through and some just disappeared. Girls and guys that I thought would invest their time in me and my needs at that moment of weakness and sadness but I saw that almost no one came to me. This past summer was a huge eye opener of who is true and who isn't.


I've learned to only invest my time, emotions and love into the people that truly want me in their life. I've learned to not always be the nice girl. Sometimes I just have to stand up for myself and invest in the right people. These people are new people that came into my life and old people that I didn't appreciate as much as I do now. Lesson learned my friends, lesson learned.

Can you relate?
Tell me your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment