Our Appetizer.: The Weekender - A weekend In

March 3, 2014

The Weekender - A weekend In

This weekend was Ah-Mazing! 
Why? 
Mostly because I didn't do much of anything 
and let me tell you it was ah-mazing. 


Friday - I recently signed up at a new workout studio called The Movement Factory. Like the name states, this studio is in a real working factory. The first time I went I was so lost and confused. I had to call and ask for directions from the parking lot. The conversation went as followed:
Me: "Hello, I am looking for your location but I don't see any sign. I think I am in the right location."
Lady: "Hi! Did you turn into the parking lot of the building where there was a sign out front?"
Me: "Yes, I did. I am now parked right in front."
Lady: " Perfect, Do you see the first loading dock?"
Me: " Yes, I do."
Lady: "Go in the door to the left of the first loading dock. Go through the door straight ahead and up the yellow staircase. Once you reach the second level, turn left and then turn left again. You can't miss the red door."
While the past was really creepy at first, the studio is really cute and the classes are amazing! Friday I took my first Barre class and it was such a great workout. 


Friday evening, I met with 3 girl friends at a really cute wine bar. Humble Wine Bar is a fairly new wine bar in Lakewood, Ohio. It has a great wine selection and great food. Of course us girls talked and talked and laughed so much. 


I very rarely curl my hair but I wanted to try it out Friday night for my girls night. I love how it turned out and it was all an accident. If I actually tried to curl my hair and have it look cute on purpose it would probably look terrible. 

Saturday - Even though I could barely walk, I had RSVPed for another Barre class for 8 AM on Saturday. This new studio has a very strict "no show" rule, if you do not show up for class or cancel within 12 hours of the class they will charge you 10$. While this is pretty brutal, it's great for me because it forces me to stay on track. So needless to say, I could barely walk the rest of the day. 


Sunday - I met up with two girls I used to be really close with. It was really nice to meet up and catch up. My only thing is that I wish I would have taken pictures! The rest of the day was spent missing My Guy and reading my book. I had dinner with my parents at home which was nice as well and enjoyed my favorite wine that My Guy ordered for me as a Valentine's Day present. As you can tell, My Guy and I talk all the time...I mean we are in a long distance relationship.

How was your weekend?
Do you enjoy weekends in?
What motivates you to go workout even when you're sore?
What is your favorite wine?
Do you enjoy reading?

32 comments:

  1. OMG your hair! Amazing! And that place sounds cool! I miss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I very rarely do it like that because more than half of the time it falls out.

      Delete
  2. Oops, didn't finish! Haha! My gym here is lackluster, that sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always on the lookout for new workout studio and usually new places have good deals on Groupon or Livingsocial.

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks great in curls! I used to take a dance class in a sort of warehouse place and it was sooo cool! My gf takes cardio barre and LOVES it. She's ripped! I'm working out more now too. I'm chubbier from being prego but I think I'm more toned from all the yoga I'm doing now! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I don't know how well I would do with working out while pregnant. I don't think I could do it so I definitely give you props for that.

      Delete
  4. Looks like an awesome weekend! I would love that wine bar! I've been hearing so much about barre classes recently! Curious to know how you like it so far and how it compares to ballet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I love the classes. It's not cardio which is good sometimes. It is more about focusing on the movements and the technique. It comes to ballet because we do different legs and abs workout while in "second position" as well as making sure that all of the movement are soft and fluid like they are in ballet.

      Delete
  5. Okay, that workout studio sounds equal parts exciting and creepy! Haha, glad it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barre classes are legs killers !!!! Your hair looks so cute :)
    xx, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously couldn't walk all of last week. I have two workout classes tonight, wish me luck!

      Delete
  7. Where did you take Pure Barre at? I've been thinking about doing it when I'm back in Ohio in the summer... we could take classes together!! :)
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am taking the classes at The Workout Factory in Lakewood. I started it because of a groupon and good reviews from my friends. The only down side is that it's 99$ a month without the groupon. And I already have a gym membership at LA Fitness at Crocker.

      Delete
  8. The $10 for not showing up would motivate me, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I don't want to pay for being lazy haha.

      Delete
  9. That workout place looks great! I definitely need to find my perfect place in NYC
    Tia
    acaffeinatedbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can find something like that NYC, believe it or not I found it through Groupon.

      Delete
  10. I just had a not doing much weekend too, but mine is very different from yours !! Two workouts counts as a busy weekend to me haha. Well, I never work out on the weekends anyway. I'm usually very busy on weekend so when I get one that I don't have to do much I use it to stay indoors, read, lounge around, watch movies, and do all the stuff I wish I could usually do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, my weekends normally consist of socializing with my girl friends, spending time with my family and working out. This past weekend was nice to just spend time with my parents and workout. Plus waking up around 9-10AM on Sunday was nice compared to staying out all night till 3AM.

      Delete
  11. This sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend. That wine bar sounds like something I would definitely be interested. How fun. Your hair turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love local wine bars. Nothing like supporting local business :)

      Delete
  12. Your hair looks awesome! You'll have to accident your way to that again and then figure out how to teach me. My hair won't hold a curl worth crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can get it to turn out like that again I will probably do a tutorial on the curl. My hard doesn't curl either, I think in this picture my hair was 2 days dirty :x

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. It was amazing! After a whole week in the workout studio I treated myself :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. the food picture makes me drooling ^^
    would you like to follow each other to keep in touch?
    MY-Emily
    Please, let me know! ;)
    Follow me and I will follow you back for certain
    (leave a blog link at my blog after follow so I can go back ur blog again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! Yes I will definitely follow you, the more the merrier!

      Delete
  15. That food looks UH-Mazing!
    You're hair is also gorgeous!
    Great post,
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's nice to have a quiet weekend sometimes!! And that new workout place sounds pretty fun, if a little brutal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love weekends in sometimes, after a crazy work week there's nothing better than just relaxing at home.

      Delete