Our Appetizer.: 2 years & still 1,085 miles apart

February 12, 2014

2 years & still 1,085 miles apart

Today marks the day that My Guy moved to Tampa. I originally wanted to call him and tell him "Happy 2 year anniversary" but it's not really an anniversary I want to celebrate. It has been really hard these past 2 years with living apart. 

Just try to imagine, the person you are (seriously) dating for 2 years and the person you are so happy with just moves. Moves out of the state, 1,085 miles away from you.  After you two have planned your lives together in a specific location doing specific things, it all just changes with on phone call. 

We have been 1,085 miles apart for:

24 months
104.3 weeks
730 days
17531 hours
1052000 minutes
63110000 seconds

Let me be the person to tell you that it has been anything but easy. It has been the biggest and most complicated roller-coaster I have ever been on. 

I remember having to tell our friends that he was leaving. 
I remember sitting at our friends house and him saying the words "guys I have something to tell you". 
I remember having an out of body experience. 
I remember crying without wanting to cry anymore. 
I remember the morning he left. I thought he would be gone forever, our future gone forever.



This used to be our lives. We used to have out him own place. It was like we were finally on our own, figuring things out together. Nights in and days spent on the couch were considered our dates. 


Then this became our lives. Well not our lives but his life. Traveling back and fourth from Cleveland to Tampa became normal and expected, no matter how hard it was to say goodbye again. We eventually broke up and did our own thing for 3 months but its like a magnet we were brought back together. 


Breaking up was one of the best things that has happened to us. Not because we didn't want to be together but because when we did get back together we were that much stronger and better together. And yes, 2 years have come and gone and yes we are still apart but I don't think we are ready to give up on each other yet. 
Some of my favorite posts about us:


Maybe fate will bring us back together, fingers crossed

14 comments:

  1. That is a crazy adventure... My boyfriend and I just celebrated 2 years of dating this past December, and I couldn't imagine him suddenly up and leaving. I'd be so lost! You seem to be strong and have handled it fairly well though (as best as you can, I'm sure). What made him decide to move to Tampa? (Just curious).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! He moved to Tampa because he found a good business to purchase out there. He needed to do what he thought was best for him and I wasn't going to stop him from moving because I didn't want him to resent me later on.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a long distance between you two! It sounds like y'all are able to travel a lot to see eachother, which is a blessing. But I'm sure it doesn't make it easier. My friend Madison has a blog (http://www.wetherillssayido.com) and is going to start a series on how her and her husband survived long distance. I'm sure you'd have a lot to share as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for recommending me her blog, I'm going over there right now to check it out. I need all the support I can get! I know we have been doing the long distance thing for a long time but it's still really hard and it's going to really challenge us when he does move back. I am very excited but also nervous about him moving back...whenever that may be.

      Delete
  3. Have you considered moving there with him? My boyfriend and I broke up for 2 months (pretty much EXACTLY two months to the day, now that i think about it which is weird lol) and it was one of the best things to happen to us too. we dated other people and were like "wtf are we doing?" it made us realize that we are meant to be.

    I really hope everything works in your favor, and that youre able to be together soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. At the time, I was in my junior year of college and my parents paid for my school so I couldn't ask them to pay out of state tuition for me to go to school in Florida. And now I have a full time position at a great company, so we are working on him moving back home. Especially since our family is here and everything. It's crazy how just a few months apart from someone can make you realize so much!

      Delete
  4. That is so sad! I do not know what I would do. Have you tried finding a job in Tampa? The fact that you guys are together speaks volumes! You will find a way to be together! Someone will have to move, but it can work out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, someone does have to move. We've talked about this for almost to years now and I think we made the decision for him to move back home. Our family is here and this is where home is.

      Delete
  5. This kinda took me back to my relationship! When we were a year or do into our relationship my husband moved for a job opportunity! It WAS hard, but so worth it! I'm so glad you guys are making it work despite the distance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to hear that other couples have made it through this! Everyone around me always tells me how we will fail and whatnot. So happy to have read this comment.

      Delete
  6. Ohh my gosh what a love story! So happy you'll see eachother tomorrow! ^_^

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to see each other and I actually just booked my flight to Tampa for later this month!

      Delete
  7. Such a crazy journey you two have, but such a sweet one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks for stopping by and reading about our story.

      Delete