Our Appetizer.: [Delicious & Authentic]

March 28, 2014

[Delicious & Authentic]

My friend Jessica and I enjoy visiting new restaurant in our area. We always try to think outside of the box when it comes to restaurants or cuisines we try. The day we were planning on meeting up, she texted me saying that we are going to El Arepazo Y Pupuseria. I had never heard of this place before let alone try to pronounce the name of the restaurant.  She had visited this restaurant multiple times and said that it has always been amazing. Naturally, I believed her because she never steered me the wrong way. And I am so glad I did.


The decor is very simple but very eye catching the with bright red walls. This place almost made me feel like this is how a Colombian or El Salvadorian restaurant would look in those countries. 


I ordered a Pupusas de frijol con quesco. It was this amazing corn tortilla filled with cheese and beans. 
I also had a Empanadas de carne. Both were amazing, very different than anything that I've eaten before but definitely worth the try. 
Pupusas de frijol con queso - Pupusas with beans & cheese

The service was great, she was very attentive and nice. The food tasted heavenly. I am hooked on those pupusas! I highly recommend trying foods from different countries, you never know what you will fall in love with. I've never tried this type of food before but I will definitely be returning.

Have you ever tried Colombian food?
Have you ever tried El Salvadorian food?
Do you go off the beaten path to find amazing food?
Would you ever try a pupusas?

10 comments:

  1. Wow this food looks so delicious!! I've never eaten Columbian or El Salvadorian food before but I'd love to give it a try. It looks really yummy :)

    Carly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too sure about it at first but it was really good. I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  2. I have never had this but it is exactly what I want to order in my dreams! Seriously that tortilla with the beans in it...ay caramba! Lucky lady! I bet I can find some in LA! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, definitely look for something like this in LA. I would be really surprised if you guys didn't have anything like this, since lets be serious...you guys have everything! I highly recommend pupusas if you do find a restaurant like this.

      Delete
  3. That looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try it when you come back up to Cleveland.

      Delete
  4. That food looks so good!! There's nothing like finding a place that serves authentic food from a different country. :) Pupusa is even fun to say, I can only imagine how it would taste! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha if's funny you say that...while we were there I kept practicing to say Pupusa and I would laugh every time I said it. I love trying new things so this place was perfect. I hope you can find something like this in your town :)

      Delete
  5. Mmm... So not helping. The food looks delicious and staring at the delicious food while doing a 3 day cleanse is not helping. Hope you enjoyed the food =)

    Hazel
    www.theskimplelife.com
    http://instagram.com/theskimplelife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, sorry girl! In a few days you can enjoy some too :) I've never done a cleanse, but I've always wanted to try one. I'll have to go over to your blog to check it out. Happy Monday!

      Delete